- Ask the coach what you can do to help the team
- Play to your strengths
- Always hustle and work hard
- Take charges
- Play tough defense
- Always box out
- Take good shots
- Make the extra pass
- Sprint to the front of the huddle
- Be a great teammate
Tips to improving your dribbling:
- Keep your head up the entire time
- Dribble the basketball with intensity (harder the dribble the faster it will be back in your hand)
- Control the ball with your fingertips
- Do not over dribble
- Venture away from your comfort zone!
Tips to improving defense:
- Improve your stance: feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart, knees bent, hips back and you height should be depended on the height of the person you are guarding.
- Create a cushion: use your arms as a measuring stick to provide you with a cushion, this will allow you to pressure the ball handler but give you enough space to react to stay in front them.
- Proper footwork: when ball handler puts the ball on the floor, your first lead step/slide needs to be a big one, this ensures that the ball handler can't take a straight approach around your hips. After that happens use short and quick slides.
- Active hands
- Be in great physical shape