This blog will hopefully help you out with the mishaps you encounter thanks to mother nature.
When it rains:
The first step is to take off your shoes
Next, take some of the old newspaper you have laying around in your house and stuff this down inside the shoe. This will help to soak up all the water. Leave them for at least a day, maybe longer depending on how soaked you got.
If you're worried about an odor in your shoes from being wet, place dry tea bags inside them. This will draw out the odor.
Other ways to take care of smelly shoes can be two fold. The first way is to take care of your feet and prevent the source of bacteria. Some ways of taking care of your feet include:
- Put deodorant on your feet. This isn't the most conventional use but remember that your feet get sweaty too.
- Use baby powder to help fight dampness in your foot.
- Change your socks daily and make sure it is made of a natural material, such as cotton.
Some ways to fight the smell in your shoes includes:
- Sprinkling baking soda to take care of the smell. You can do this every night after you take them off.
- Replacing the insoles in your shoes with a deodorized sole will help.
- Another weird but true way to get ride of smell is to put your shoe in a resealable bag and it in a freezer overnight. This kills the bacteria in the shoe that causes the odor.
- Don't be afraid to throw your shoes in the washer. Just make sure you dry them out completely afterward.
- Create a rotation of shoes. Try not to wear the same pair of shoes in consecutive days. This gives the shoes a chance to air out before the next time you wear them.
- When you choose a new shoe, keep in mind what material it is made of. You want a shoe that allows your feet to breathe and avoid synthetic material.
Now you know how to fight foot odor and keep your shoes smelling pleasant.