Friday, April 29, 2016
Sometimes the dark side can be kind of fun and with great shoes you are sure to have a good time! Ever since the movie was released earlier this year, Star Wars memorabilia as well as new fashion wear for the family has come about.
Here at Rogan’s Shoes we carry awesome shoes for boys who love the film. You can pick either a Jedi, Yoda or even Darth Vader to represent on your feet…how cool is that!?
Get your little Star Wars fanatics some new shoes for this spring that they will absolutely love! Below are some of the styles available.
1. Croc Star Wars Darth Vader Sandals- The only thing better than a light up Croc is one with Darth Vader on the front. Extremely cushioning material will help keep your child’s feet comfortable throughout a long day of adventuring. What a great shoe to get for the beginning of summer!
2. Stride Rite Jedi Lightsaber Running Shoe- These shoes are no hassle with the hook-and-loop strap so you don’t have to waste time with laces. You can’t defeat the Sith if your laces keep coming untied! Check out these bright colors along with the breathablility that will help your Jedi defeat the dark side.
3. Skechers Tossers Padawan Skate-Last but not least, why not have some skater shoes with the Star Wars logo on it? These shoes take style to another level. Help your young Padawan become a Jedi with retro skate sneakers that have a Memory Foam sole. What a perfect way to display style along with what side you have chose. Of life your shoe choice reflects your way, young padawan…according to Yoda.
We have more options for shoes at our website to help your child be prepared for whatever side they choose! If you have any questions or comments feel free to share them with us!
Friday, April 22, 2016
Spring time. What an absolutely beautiful time of the year! The grass starts becoming greener, the flowers start to bloom, the birds start chirping, the sky seems to get a little bluer and we can once again start to feel the warm rays of sunshine against our skin. Everything becomes brighter and cheerful in the spring, which makes this the perfect time of year celebrate Earth Day (April 22nd). In order to celebrate Earth Day, we decided that now would be a good time to provide you with a couple of options for some earth friendly footwear that we carry here at Rogan’s Shoes.
Chaco Z Volv X2 Outdoor Sandals – Womens
The Chaco Z Volv X2 Womens Outdoor Sandals have a vegan-friendly construction and also feature an EcoTread outsole that is made up of 25% recycled rubber materials. This sandal serves as a great hiking shoe providing much needed support and breathability. Their stylish, earthy pattern and comfortable fit will having you looking good and feeling even better. Pair these earth-friendly sandals with a comfy tee and a pair of shorts and you will be prepared for any direction your adventure may take you.
Merrell Enoki Flip Flops – Womens
The Merrell Enoki Womens Flip Flops feature a vegan-friendly construction. These sandals will assist your feet on their expeditions on both land and in water with their durable construction and water-friendly sole. So whether you are taking a stroll along your favorite nature trail or hanging out around the shore-line at the beach, these sandals are ones that you can depend on. Pair these with running shorts and a tank for an athletic look, or slip on with a pair of jeans and v-neck for a casual vibe.
Sanuk Chiba Sidewalk Surfers – Mens
The Sanuk Chiba Mens Sidewalk Surfers are vegan and vegetarian made. These sandals offer a beachy vibe with a day-long, comfortable feel. Heading to the coffee shop or spending the day at the lake near-by? Being dragged along to your significant others family event? These shoes will be your go-to. A canvas-like upper construction makes this shoe appropriate to wear at practically all occasions. This slip-on with prove to you that style and comfort can in fact go hand in hand.
Timberland Eldridge Sandals – Mens
The Timberland Eldridge Mens Sandals feature a ‘green’ rubber outsole made from 42% recycled rubber material. If you are of the outdoorsy type this sandal is the one for you. Adjustable straps give this shoe a customized fit, and a durable outsole makes it great for handling rougher terrains. Not to mention it’s comfortable insole that will work to keep your going with ease. Slip a pair of these on your feet for your next hike or day long grilling-out festivity and there will be no turning back.
Etnies Caprice Eco Skate Shoes – Womens
The Etnies Caprice Womens Eco Skate Shoes sport a recycled rubber outsole and a hemp lined upper. A stylish pattern, eco-friendly construction and an Etnies performance skate shoe all in one. What more could one ask for? This shoes comfortable fit and “springy”, trendy vibes are sure to become a top pick in your wardrobe all season long. Whether you are heading to the park with your friends or looking for a stylish shoe for school, the Caprice will serve your feet well. Pair with your favorite jean shorts and colorful tee’s to get a stylish, everyday look.
Do you like the ‘earth-friendly’ styles you see? If not, you can shop more eco-friendly styles on our website.
Happy Earth Day to all, now head outside and enjoy some fresh air!
Friday, April 15, 2016
The transition from winter to spring is always a difficult one. How many layers do I wear? Is it raining…AGAIN? Wait…now it’s snowing? With Mother Nature being her humorous self, sometimes it is hard to pick the right outfit to wear on a spring day, but we have chosen some of our favorite shoes to help create some outfit combos and we wanted share them with you!
1. Skechers GoWalk 3 Motive Walking- Women’s- This casual style is perfect for taking a long walk in the park to running errands around town. You can effortlessly throw together a classy look by adding a baseball cap, your favorite pair of comfy jeans and an over-sized crew neck sweatshirt. Not only does this shoe embody style, but it also gives you an anatomically correct arch support to keep your feet pain-free through whatever activity you choose. If you're interested in this, the GoWalk from Skechers, click here to find a variety of different looks!
2. Birkenstock Florida Mocha Soft Slide Sandals- Women’s- Need a quick shoe to throw on but still look cute? This Birkenstock is the perfect shoe for a variety of occasions ranging from hiking your favorite trail to a beach day with your friends. Style this shoe with colorful khaki shorts and your favorite cardigan to add a preppy flare to a classic shoe. Definitely a lightweight shoe, so you won’t be held back from taking part in your warm weather adventures!
3. Jellypop Rita Sandals-Women’s- Step into style and comfort with these Rita Sandals. This shoe gives off a beachy vibe with the naturally woven upper and a 4 inch cork heel. This is the perfect backyard barbecue shoe when meeting up with old friends this summer! Pair with your favorite sun dress for an unforgettable look!
4. Sperry Sea Kite Boat Shoe-Women’s- Night on the town or a day on the boat? Why not rock a classic boat shoe! This shoe gives more of an athletic look compared to an original Sperry, but it still gives you comfort and keeps your feet dry. These shoes would look great with khakis, but don’t be afraid to try them out with more casual wear as well. We would consider pairing these shoes with black leggings and a jean shirt for a breezy, spring night.
We would LOVE to hear from you about which spring shoe would fit you the best! What outfit do you usually pair with the shoes we chose? Not feeling any of the combinations? Check out our website for more styles and colors to find the perfect spring shoe for you!
Thursday, April 14, 2016
By entering this contest, you agree to the following contest rules:
1. To enter you must submit your first and last name, email address and your answer to the question “What is the best way to clean athletic shoes after a nice, spring run?” on the contest entry form found at: https://p.antavo.com/D6H/.
2. The winners must not have previously won a Rogan’s Shoes contest within the last 6 months. If a selected entrant has won another Rogan’s Shoes contest within 6 months prior to April 15, 2016, another entrant who provided the correct answer will win.
3. Entries will be accepted beginning at 11:30 a.m. CST on April 15, 2016 and ending at 8:00 p.m. CST on April 25, 2016.
4. Only one entry is allowed per email address and multiple entries that use the same email address will not be accepted.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this contest, and a purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
6. There will be two winners of this contest. The date and time that entries are posted will be used to select the winners. The winners will be the two entrants who first provide the correct answer. The first place winner will be the entrant who first provides the correct answer. The second place winner will be the next entrant who provides the correct answer after the winner. The winner will be chosen on April 26, 2016 and contacted via email from email@example.com
7. The first place winner will receive an online coupon code valued at $50 and the second place winner will receive an online coupon code valued at $25. The coupon codes are for the purchase of any shoes or other merchandise at www.rogansshoes.com
8. By entering this contest you agree that your first name and the first letter of your last name may be posted on any social media site run by www.rogansshoes.com. Your full last name will not be posted.
9. You must be 13 years of age or older and reside in the United States to enter.
10. Employees of Rogan’s Shoes Incorporated and their families are not eligible to enter this contest.
11. The winners will not be eligible for free shipping unless the total of the order purchased with the online coupon is at least $50.
12. The winners will not be able to use their prize to obtain shoes from the following brands: UGG, Dansko, Air Jordan, Keen, Keen Utility, Merrell, Jessica Simpson, Minnetonka, Rockport Works, Sanuk, Danner, Under Armour and BOGS.
13. The prizes must be redeemed by May 30, 2016.
You understand and agree that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
at 2:46:00 PM
Friday, April 8, 2016
Mother's Day is Sunday, May 8, 2016 and is right around the corner! While I'm sure mom would love some flowers to make the house smell nice and look pretty, but after only a couple of days, the flowers wilt and no longer have as much glamour as they did before. This year, why not get mom something a little more.....long lasting, just like your love for her.
We've compiled a list of our top 5 gifts for mom for this Mother's Day.
1. After a hard day at work, the last thing mom wants to do is squeeze her feet into an uncomfortable pair of running shoes as she begins her workout for the day. She already dreads the run because she's had a long day and thinking about the pain her feet will be in is almost convincing her not to workout in the first place. STOP! With the Adidas Solar Boost running shoes, her feet will be surrounded by the comfort a STRETCHWEB rubber sole which will provide comfort as well as stability with every step. These cute shoes are just what she needs to have the motivational boost to keep being the MOM-superhero that she is!
2. If the weather ever seems to brighten up, mom will want to start doing more weekend activities outside! Don't feel limited to the cute running shoes listed above (even though you could wear them while out), but why not spruce up your outfit with a some cute Sperrys? These Firefish Boat Shoes in grey are stylish and comfortable. If mom doesn't like the neutral or earthy tones, there are many other choices on our website. Dress these up with crop jeans and a long sleeve crew neck sweatshirt and you are ready for a walk in the park!
3. It wouldn't be Mother's Day unless you got to spoil mom to dinner and a night on the town. But what should she wear with her outfit? These Easy Street Flattery Dress Shoes are just the shoes she needs! From the rhinestone accents to the sleek open toe design, these shoes scream style. Your mom will look like a supermodel when she wears these with added comfort and the traction she will need.
4. Maybe you are treating your mom to a vacation for Mother's Day (or maybe not), but summer is right around the corner and we are here to help make sure she has the shoes for all occasions! Pictured below are the Chaco Z Volv X 2 Outdoor Sandal, which has an outsole made up of 25% recycled leather, are essentials when hiking on your favorite trail or long walks on the beach. These shoes are not only comfortable. but stylish as well!
5. Moms work really hard while they're at their jobs, so why not reward her with some shoes that will not only amp up her style, but comfort level as well while she's at the office? The Softspots Samira Dress Shoes pump will provide simplistic style to any work day outfit. There is a pillowtop comfort footbed and fabric lining that will provide her with comfort throughout the day. With a 1 3/4 inch heel, there is no doubt these shoes are perfect combination of professional comfort.
These are a few of our favorite shoes for Mother's Day this year. Which one do you think it right for mom? Did you have your eye on something else from our website? We really want to know!
Friday, April 1, 2016
Well, we don't want to jinx it, but the Spring weather will be here to stay relatively soon, if it's not already. Do you know what that means? You have to find somewhere to store all those puffy coats, scarves, mittens, hats and winter boots until the next time the snow graces us with its presence. That's quite a lot of gear to take care of, isn't it? The lack of snow may also mean you're starting to think about stowing away some of your dress boots as well if you don't typically pair them with dresses when the weather is nice. This blog is filled with some tips and ideas for you to store your winter wears until next time.
First of all, before you store your winter boots, you will want to be sure to give them a good cleaning.
Since your winter boots are clean, you can move onto the storage phase for those as well! Plop them into the bottom of your winter jacket tote, get them their own tote, or even shove them in the way back of your closet to be out of sight and out of mind.
Warmer weather means it's getting close to pool season. Yay! We're going to bring a little bit of the poolside to your closet. Your dress boots are some of your most prized possessions, and they definitely deserve to be treated as such! If you're ready to store your dress boots in the closet until the leaves begin to change and the air turns crisp, here's some tips for you. Before you store them away, you'll want to make sure they're clean, just like you did with your winter boots, but the method will be a bit different this time around. Because dress boots are made from different materials than winter boots, you have to clean and treat them differently as well. The first thing you'll want to do is wipe away any dirt and pebbles that are on the surface. If you skip this step, there's a very good chance that you will scratch the leather surface. We always recommend using a leather shoe cleaner to do any actual cleaning. Leather cleaner won't do much for salt stains, but you can use a 2:1 mixture of water and vinegar to try and work those off. You can apply this with a sponge and rub until the stains are gone.
One of the common problems with any tall dress boot storage is that when they're not on your feet, they tend to flop over and that can cause unwanted and unsightly creases in the leather. One way to combat this is to purchase a set of boot forms for each pair of boots, but this can get rather costly. A DIY method would be to insert a pool noodle into the boots when you're storing them in your closet. This acts as a pretend leg, if you will, and provides support so they do not flop over. To do this, purchase pool noodles from any retailer. Once you've brought them home, stuff the noodle into the shaft of the boot until it hits the insole. Once it's all the way in, you can use a scissors or any other bladed tool to cut the noodle to size. Repeat this process with all of your tall boots. You might see a lot of blogs that suggest hanging your boots by the top of the shaft with pant hangers (the kind that have two little clips on them) inside of a closet, but we do not recommend this method, as the clips may cause scratches, gouges or other flaws to appear on a leather surface.
If all this organizing has you in a bit of a Spring cleaning mood, check out our Pinterest page for some more ideas on storing other types of shoes. You can also visit our blog post filled with Spring cleaning tips to make the cleaning process more enjoyable.