With school approaching its final days, kids are thrilled and parents are starting to think of things to do outside the house. The temperature is heating up and so are our styles for kids. A comfortable kid is a happy kid. Here are five activities for you and the kiddos to do during June as well as the appropriate shoe to go with you!
1. The Speedo Surfwalker Pro Water Sandals will have the kids making a splash at the beach! The complaints about feet hurting or stepping on rough sand will be left at home. This supportive sandal features contrasting mesh inset and a four-way stretch upper for a comfortable fit. The mesh allows room for the foot to breathe and prevents odor. Avoid a wet ride home with these sandals’ quick-drying materials. Some tips for a successful beach day are to arrive early, bring a well stocked cooler, and LOTS of sunscreen. Do not forget the basics like towels, chairs, sunglasses, and an umbrella, too. Happy beaching!
2. The zoo may not be new, but these Kamik Crab Sandals are! Comfy walking shoes are a must and these are the perfect sandals for a long, active day seeing all your favorite animals. The textile and synthetic upper takes away any extra weight from the shoe and it is water friendly. This is nice for the zoo in case there are puddles or misters to run through to stay cool! They also have an easy hook-and-loop closure for being on the go. The toggle lacing system will keep the Kamik Crab Sandals secure to your child’s feet as they run to see the next exhibit. Now that your feet are ready, make sure to arrive early and pack a lunch and snacks; it can be expensive to eat in the zoo. Grab a map at the entrance, put on sunscreen and bug repellent, and let your kids lead the way!
3. Unwind with a trip to the library to beat the heat or on a rainy day this June! While relaxing with a good book, your feet should be comfortable, too. You cannot go wrong with a pair of Sanuk Yoga Flip-Flops. Your feet will have the ultimate cushioning with the footbed made from an actual yoga mat. The outsole lends reliable traction and the Sanuk Yoga Flip-Flops are vegan and vegetarian friendly, too. People will be turning their heads instead of pages to catch a glimpse of this must have! Most libraries offer FREE summer reading programs with incentives for children. Head to your local library and get involved early.
4. Venture out to a state park and your kid will be one happy camper while wearing a pair of Keen Newport H2 Water Sport Sandals! These shoes were made for the outdoors with a rubber guard protecting the toe area and a non-marking rubber outsole provides grippy traction. Get a little dirty while exploring? Not a problem! The washable polyester webbing upper features the odor-reducing Aegis Microbe Shield. The Keen Newport H2 Water Sport Sandals are perfect for any time of the day with their reflective pull tabs. This feature delivers added visibility during nighttime adventures. State parks are a wonderful mix of learning, sightseeing, and a fun place to make memories and take pictures!
5. Festival season is upon us. Whether it be musical, cultural, art, or a local fair-there is always something going on! Arrive in style with a pair of Sanuk Vagabond Sidewalk Surfer shoes. The slip on features a handmade canvas upper and textile liner for a chill look. The super soft, high rebound, molded EVA footbed features Aegis Antimicrobial additive. This shoe will keep you on your feet during the day and carry you into the night. Festivals and events will start to be announced, so keep your eyes and ears posted.
There is a shoe for every event you attend this summer! We hope everyone has a warm, safe and exciting June filled with lots of laughter and memories. REMEMBER: a comfortable kid is a happy kid.
Visit our website to shop these styles along with many other options, and make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all of our hot new arrivals!