March is approaching and we’re here to make sure you’re staying on track with your New Year’s fitness resolutions. Haven’t made any yet? It’s never too late to set a goal and achieve it! We’ve provided some simple steps to keep you on the path to success, and the first is:
1. Do something that scares you. Sign up for a race and begin training for it. Try a new machine every time you go to the gym. Join a fitness class. Take a before and after picture of your body now and at the end of the year. If you push yourself out of your comfort zone, you will be sure to gain confidence and conquer your fears at the same time.
2. Mix up your diet. The key here is to actually change what you’re eating. Try foods like spinach, salmon, berries, walnuts and even dark chocolate. Stock your kitchen with healthy snacks to make it as easy as possible on yourself when you’re reaching for a quick fix.
3. Find a group or friend. A support network is crucial for keeping you focused and motivated. When you feel like you’re going to give up, they will be there to encourage you and even participate with you to reach those resolutions. When you have a buddy to meet up with, they may be the factor that gets you out the door when you would’ve stayed in bed otherwise!
4. Take time to exercise each day. Even with a busy schedule, you might be surprised to find that squeezing in a quick workout is a simple task-and it’s beneficial to your health. Don’t have time to hit the gym? Lookup a YouTube video and do an at-home workout, take a brisk walk or even focus on stretching. If you diversify your routine (cardio, strength training, yoga class) your workouts will start to become habitual and more exciting to complete.
5. Treat yourself every once in awhile! Go get yourself something nice. Whether it be satisfying your cravings with grabbing an ice cream cone or rewarding yourself with running attire, it’s okay to honor your accomplishments. Set a monthly goal, such as losing five pounds or decreasing your mile time by two minutes, and once you reach that milestone, allow yourself to celebrate those goals in moderation. Don't know where to shop? Right now we have tons of athletic shoes on our website from brands like Adidas, Saucony, Merrell, Brooks, Asics and Mizuno!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! And if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.